Friday, January 15, 2010

It is so easy to judge...

I used to look at parents who slept with their children with no small amount of judgment.  What are they thinking?  By giving into their children's demands they, aren't teaching them to sleep on their own and to show independence.  Why couldn't they be strong and ignore the their crying for the greater good?  What a feel I was.  I quickly learned how a sweet face can break your heart to the point you are willing to do anything to make that child (or in this case cat) feel better.
This morning I woke up around 2 am to the sound of Molly crying in the guest room where we had sequestered her for the night.  We have every intention of giving her free reign of the house including our room, but we want to watch her for a few days to make sure that she isn't getting into anything she shouldn't.  Oddly enough Scott didn't wake up until I poked him so that he would suffer along with me.  I guess the recent article about a study proving that men don't hear a baby crying in the night is right!  We checked on her to make sure that something wasn't wrong.  After all, she is still recovering from being fixed.  As I am sure you can guess, she was fine, but just wanted some attention.  I gave in... I couldn't help myself... I decided that I would sleep in the guest room for the rest of the morning so that she would have some company.  How could this happen?? I always considered myself a rational human being. As I fell asleep with Molly curled up beside me I contemplated my future as a mother.  If I gave in so quickly to my cat, I don't stand a chance with a baby, Scott will have to be the tough one.

No comments: