Thursday, April 24, 2008

I love Carbondale in the springtime!


Most people will respond that that statement by saying "right......." but it really is true. southern Illinois is beautiful in the spring and in the summer. Carbondale is not the most picturesque town but you can't beat the city's natural beauty. I graduated from SIUC in 2001 and I haven't been back since. Recently, I was invited back by the Art History Association to be the Alumnus Speaker of the Year. I spoke about applying for graduate school and beyond. The talk went really well and I was happy with the turned out. I haven't been back to campus since I graduated and it was just a beautiful as I remembered. All of the trees and flowers were in bloom. The day after my talk my husband and I took a trip to Pomona winery to taste some wine. It is a 30 minute ride from Carbondale and we were able to sample even more of the local beauty. Pomona winery specializes in non-grape fruit wines. They have some delicious varieties and we picked up a few bottles for ourselves and as gifts! Overall it was a great trip!

No comments: