Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Spring Visit

This weekend I am in Wisconsin! For the last two days I have been visiting with my brother and sister in law as well as with my terrific friends Lisa and Troy. We have been friends since our graduate school days and they have a little boy and a baby girl. I have to hand it to Lisa, I am not quite sure where she finds the energy to manage both kids! She is truly a super mom. It really makes me think about my own mother and how she must have had her hands full with my sister and I (we are twins). I guess that is the true meaning of mother's day, it is a chance to thank your mother for loving you even when you were draining her of every last drop of energy I was listing to the podcast of "To the Best of Our Knowledge" and they interviewed one of the editors of a new anthology of poetry about mothers and motherhood called "Not for Mothers Only." It is a true reflection of the all of the facets of motherhood, from the ecstasy to the ambivalence that sometimes accompanies raising a child. I am going to give it to all of the mother's that I know!

No comments: